Monday, June 18, 2007

Mr. Toad

Flower Basket A loud chirp, almost plaintive, alerted me as I stepped out onto our front porch. Just the day before, my wife found a toad in the flower basket mounted by our front door. Mr. Toad 2
We released the toad into a ditch. Could this be another toad? Or, was it a bird in the evergreen next to the porch where the robins hatched their eggs and raised their young?

A little detective work led to the discovery of Mr. Toad, once again in the flower basket,Toad
and once again released. This time, my son carefully hand carried him to one of our flower gardens.

As my wife went out to water the plants, she found Mr. Toad in the basket again this morning. HPIM0065
Other than water, flowers, and ants, Mr. Toad
not sure why he keeps coming back.

No comments: