Friday, June 8, 2007

Bike Ride

I bought a new camera Sunday. My old one still takes pictures, but the LCD screen doesn’t work. You can check online to see how much it costs to repair your camera….price $111. Called Wal-Mart to see how much a bottom of the line camera went for, and found one that seemed comparable for $99.00. Bought the camera, then took a bike ride to take some pictures.

Started across campus and stopped at Mallory Lake. Took a picture of the lake and fountain (why they put a fountain in this lake I’ll never understand), and
Geese
captured some Canadian Geese swimming in formation.

Peddled over to the old side of campus and took a photo of the base of a new sculpture that will appear in front of the art building. Memorial Auditorium
You can see Memorial Auditorium in the background.

Biked toward town and met a couple of my old colleagues, one riding his bike in the opposite direction, and another sitting on his porch, studying the score for “The Full Monty.” He’s playing in the pit orchestra for the Erie Playhouse. I’d like to post their pictures here, but haven’t yet asked them for permission.

Rode downtown past the funeral home, where I saw a sad sight, a funeral for one of two young children who drowned in a farm pool while their babysitter slept. You might have heard about this tragedy on the national news. Cars were parked everywhere. The funeral for the child was the largest turn-out for a memorial service I’ve seen in our small town.

Biked home to count my blessings and be thankful that I’ve not had to bury any of my children.

No comments: