Saturday, May 31, 2008

Graduation 2008


My daughter, Amelia, graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Physical Education from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. As an Emeritus faculty member, I requested that I be included in the graduation ceremony. I'm quite proud of her, she truly represents what it means to be a dedicated student, so it was with considerable happiness that I was able to don my academic gown and celebrate my daughter’s success.

I was at the beginning of the columns leading into McComb Fieldhouse, and I embraced her as she entered. Inside I was seated in the third row on the aisle, and embraced and congratulated her as she left the stage with her diploma. One of the young faculty members next to me said that seeing me embrace my daughter as she entered Commencement almost made her cry. I could only respond, "Me too." A Dean who observed me embrace her after she received her diploma told me that it was the best part of the ceremony for him.

The photo was taken in our backyard after Commencement during our celebration of the event. We are all quite happy for her.

No comments: