Saturday, November 3, 2007

New Green Computer

Well, friends, I have purchased a new computer for less than $200.00. It's an everex gPC purchased at WalMart. The computer has no Windows or Vista of any of the usual pc software you expect on a new computer. Also, the computer comes without a monitor.

What is does have is gOS, "an alternative operating system that uses Google toolbar and its applications" including the online document maker I'm writing in now. I'll send this post to the blog from my doc.

Using an old monitor, I've been giving the computer and new OS a test drive and the results are fine. I'm using firefox. I'm still new to the whole package and have yet to learn the system's limitations. I'll report later on what I learn.

But think about it, a new green computer for under $200! I new challenge to the world of microsoft.

1 comment:

FREDDIPOO said...

VERY INTERESTING. HAVE SENT THIS
ON TO OTHERS.
FRED